Monday, September 25, 2006

Seattle Tourist




My son and his wife recently moved from Berkeley to Seattle. They had
visited Seattle and liked it. So they put down a deposit on an apartment in the Capital Hill area of Seattle and moved. It is an adventure for them.
Traci was working so Ben and I got to run around Seattle. We decided to got to the Seattle Space Needle. You go up by elevator - 520 feet in 41 seconds. It was raining when we first got there (big surprise in Seattle) but we could still walk around the observation deck and see Puget Sound, the ferries, sea planes landing on Lake Union and downtown Seattle.

Then we experienced downtown Seattle rush hour traffic up close and personal when we picked up Traci from work. Then we returned to Ben and Traci's apartment and had dinner. I got to see Ben peeling potatoes and carrots, that was quite a treat. Traci made Vegan curry. I havent' had curry in 30 years. It tasted pretty good once I could feel my lips again. Ha Ha

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

Ben has your beautiful blue eyes! /paula

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks