Sunday, August 13, 2006

Scrappy Stars for Christi


I just finished this beauty. Three of us took a Scrappy Stars and Geese 2-part class from Susan Baker at the Crazy 9 Patch. The quilt was supposed to have 5 stars and a scrappy flying geese border. Class time was over but Christi, Jody and I hung out at the quilt shop stitching away. I don't think that Susan Baker was out of the parking lot before we re-designed the quilt. We added 3 more stars, changed from scrappy to a more formal fabric choice and we dumped the geese idea. This one is Christi's.


I spent more time designing the quilt than any other I have done previously. It was so much fun designing the layout. I used a combination of goodies. The outer border is Keryn Emmerson's Double Plume. The vertical middle border is a Deb Geissler pattern called Special Rose. The horizontal middle border is a floral technique I learned in a Nichole Webb class. I used two different sizes of feather triangles. The 22-inch triangle was from Norma Sharp Feather Block Set. The 7-inch feather triangle is from a new stencil done on a screen-printed fabric that I got from The Pattern Station.
It was easy to use with the Pounce Pad.

No comments:

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks