Sunday, August 06, 2006

Floral Block





Sally's Floral Block quilt is amazing. The fabrics are all large print florals. 30 of them. There are matching inner borders and a navy blue outer border. The sashing if a green leaf print, very tropical looking. Since the fabric was so beautiful, I didn't want to cover it up, so I outlined the flowers using the color of thread to match the block. Then I did scrollwork quilting in the inner border in thread to match. I stopped counting the thread changes. But I collected them together and had to take a picture so I could remember. I used 11 colors of Signature thread, 2 YLIs, 5 Star threads and even 1 Gutermann.
YIKES, 19 different threads. It took me 7 hours and that was all stitch time since there really was no design work, chalking or drawing required for this beauty.

2 comments:

Libby said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog very much. Thanks for sharing your quilt photos. I'm looking forward to trying out your recipe for the butterly garden next spring.

Paula, the quilter said...

The floral quilt is beautiful but the fruit cocktail quilt really calls my name!

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks