Friday, July 21, 2006

Fruit Cocktail Quilt


I was in Hawaii working a few months ago ad got a chance to visit a fabric store named Kaimuki Dry Goods. I spotted a beautiful quilt on the wall with lots of
batiks. It was a Vicki Stratton pattern. I bought the pattern and some batiks to freshen up my stash. When I got home and started working on it, the 2 inch square (16 in each block) drove me crazy. I used any excuse to set it aside.



It picked up a rust stain from the iron. I tried dabbing it with water. NO good. Well, I finally finished it. I gave it a couple of squirts of Oxiclean stain remover spray and threw it in the washer with some Dreft. The stain is gone.

I need some practice with SID so I SID the batik blocks. I used a pink and purple batik on the back. It is very bright. Here is a picture of the back.



The WeatherPixie

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

I love your fruit cocktail quilt. Very bright and cheerful. Thanks for the tip on removing the iron stain.

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Hi Ramona - any idea where I can find the pattern for the Fruit Cocktail quilt? Thanks, Nancy

My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.

About Me

My photo
Ramona, California, United States
I started quilting when a quilt shop opened in our little town in January 2004. I have been hooked ever since.

Blog Archive

Followers of my blog

Books I"ve read lately

  • The Help (Kindle)
  • The Appeal by John Grisham
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (again) by Harper Lee
  • Bleachers by John Grisham

This is called Fruit Cocktail

This is called Fruit Cocktail
It is all batiks