Friday, July 21, 2006
Fruit Cocktail Quilt
I was in Hawaii working a few months ago ad got a chance to visit a fabric store named Kaimuki Dry Goods. I spotted a beautiful quilt on the wall with lots of
batiks. It was a Vicki Stratton pattern. I bought the pattern and some batiks to freshen up my stash. When I got home and started working on it, the 2 inch square (16 in each block) drove me crazy. I used any excuse to set it aside.
It picked up a rust stain from the iron. I tried dabbing it with water. NO good. Well, I finally finished it. I gave it a couple of squirts of Oxiclean stain remover spray and threw it in the washer with some Dreft. The stain is gone.
I need some practice with SID so I SID the batik blocks. I used a pink and purple batik on the back. It is very bright. Here is a picture of the back.
My life has changed in the last couple of years - some bumps, I retired from quilting, and then I moved to Texas. I'm anxious to see what new adventures await me in the next phase of my life.
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (160)
- ► 2008 (88)
- ► 2007 (89)
- ▼ 2006 (67)